Can’t find a Ripstone role for you?
We may not have the right opportunity for you at this moment in time, but there’s a strong chance that we will at some point in the future.
If you like what you’ve seen and feel that Ripstone could be a perfect fit for you, we’d love for you to send us your CV.
While you’re here, it may be worth taking a look at some of the skills we’ve traditionally valued in our artists…
- Proficiency with industry tools like 3DS Max and Photoshop, and a passion for learning new tools and techniques
- Experience with low-poly 3D modelling and efficient UV layouts
- Familiarity with setting up assets and environments in Unreal Engine – or a similar spec game engine
- A proactive & collaborative attitude to work
- Enjoy the learning/feedback process
- Image manipulation software such as photoshop/substance
- Creating animated sprite sheets
- Particle system terminology and applications
- Particle editors (e.g. Unreal/Unity/PopcornFX/Embergen)
- Creation and understanding of shaders
- Highly effective time management, ability to prioritise and maintain work schedule.
- Strong awareness of industry technology trends
- Knowledge of the video games industry and awareness of typical game development processes
- Development experience with Unreal, Unity and mobile platforms.
- Experience in lighting environments, creating particles, materials and blueprints.
- Knowledge of Z-Brush or other sculpting software.
- Artists comfortable with creating hand-painted textures are desirable.
- Knowledge of Houdini and its use in real-time game VFX
- 3D software (Maya or 3DS Max)
- Familiar with data management software (e.g. SVN. Perforce)