We’re seeking a highly creative and experienced Lead Technical Animator to join our Rockwater studio in Liverpool.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and vibrant studio at the beginning of a project and make a real impact on both our games and the company as a whole.
If you want to make a meaningful contribution to varied projects from both a technical and artistic perspective please get in touch.
If you feel your skills and potential are not being utilised or recognised, we’d love to hear from you!
Key Duties & Responsibilities for the role include:
- Establishing and maintaining the high-level vision and standards for Ripstone Technical Animation
- Collaborating effectively with Art, Animation, Code and Design departments
- Researching, developing and implementing new techniques into the animation, rigging and art pipelines
- Acting as a force multiplier for efficiency, quality and reliability
- Creating high-quality character, body and facial rigs
- Contributing to production scheduling
- Creating and managing documentation for tools and processes within animation and asset processes in the studio
- 5 years experience as a Technical Artist/Animator
- At least 1 project as a Senior or Lead
- Detailed knowledge of complex rigging and Technical Animation
- Good understanding of anatomy for biped and quadruped body mechanics
- Experience using Technical Animation techniques within Unreal Engine
- Experience with gameplay technical animation; state machines, cloth physics, ragdoll, hair and grooms
- Experience with MotionBuilder, MotionBuilder API and mocap processes
- A traditional animation background is an advantage
- Stylised animation or technical animation experience would be very valuable
- Experience with facial rigging
- Working knowledge of common programming languages such as Python within Maya
- Other Programming knowledge such as C++/Maya API & Plugin creation